Free Webinar on Diabetes and Sleep at 12:00 PM on 3/24/2014
||3/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
||Des Moines, IA
Many of us experience difficulty sleeping, from restlessness and insomnia to snoring or waking up throughout the night. Recent studies have shown that up to 86% of people with diabetes have a sleep condition called obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Thankfully, this condition is treatable.
That’s why we want to let you know about a FREE webinar being held from noon to 12:30 p.m. on Monday, March 24—the day before the American Diabetes Association’s Alert Day®. This webinar is all about the connection between OSA and diabetes, and will be led by Dr. Steven Zorn, who is board certified in sleep medicine.
Dr. Zorn will share important information about this health risk and what you can do about it.
You can register for this FREE, online webinar at www.InsightsAboutSleep.com.
Those who attend the webinar will learn about:
• The strong connection between diabetes and OSA
• How OSA aggravates diabetes
• How the two conditions often parallel each other in terms of their severity
• How to recognize symptoms of OSA
• The importance of screening diabetic patients for OSA and providing treatment for those diagnosed with OSA
• The results of scientific studies demonstrating that treatment of OSA improves diabetes control
We hope this educates you on this important health condition, and leads to better control of diabetes in you, in your loved ones, or in those you educate.