Middle-market companies are ready to grow
Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:54 PM
Midsize businesses are poised to expand, with hiring and annual revenues on the upswing, according to a survey by American Express Co.
Financial decision makers at firms with revenues of $5 million to $1 billion were asked about a range of issues influencing their businesses, including hiring, revenues, capital investments and cash flow, according to a release.
Here are some of the findings:
- 70 percent said revenues are up over last year.
- 55 percent said employment levels have increased over the last year and among those planning to add more workers, 57 percent said business volume is driving hiring decisions.
- 91 percent are confident they can access the capital they need to grow.
- 81 percent plan to hire staff over the next six months.
- 83 percent expect cash flow concerns to arise over the next six months.