VIDEO: How businesses can prepare for the Silver Tsunami
Wednesday, June 01, 2016 2:23 PM
A panel of business leaders discussed the coming "Silver Tsunami," a wave of more than 100,000 Iowans who are getting set to retire in the next five years, at the Business Record's Power Breakfast this morning at the Hilton Garden Inn Urbandale.
Panelists talked about challenges facing Iowa workplaces, possible solutions and ways businesses can prepare, and even capitalize on the talent the Silver Tsunami could make available.
The event featured the following panelists:
- Joel Duncan - CEO, Aureon HR
- Kent Sovern - state director, AARP Iowa
- Lance Noe - director, Drake University Center for Professional Studies
- Jennifer Bryant - senior vice president, human resources, Bankers Trust
- Jerry Patterson - senior vice president, retirement and income solutions, Principal Financial Group
To kick off the event, we asked each of the panelists to identify one aspect of the "Silver Tsunami" that they think business leaders need to be aware of.