Commercial Real Estate Trends & Issues Forum
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:22 PM
THE DOWNTOWN REBOUND: What’s new, what opportunities exist, and what it means for regional development?
Wednesday, April 10th
7 am Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
The Wright Place, 340 Wright Road, Norwalk
Past CRE Trends & Issues Forums
• 2012 Read | Photo gallery
• 2009 | Video
• April 10, 2013
Downtown Des Moines is suddenly bursting with a flurry of activity, optimism and opportunities - a stark contrast from the doom and gloom that hovered over the area just a few years ago. A quick glance at the area reveals plans for Walnut Street’s redevelopment, new housing projects, the launch of Des Moines Redevelopment Co., creative uses of old buildings and Principal’s newest reinvestments. It’s clear, things are in motion and the downtown area could be poised for a big rebound. Our expert panel will be able to answer all your questions such as:
• What retail opportunities could be available on Walnut Street?
• How is the lending climate impacting development?
• How are developers and the city looking to fill office space?
• What are the plans of the Des Moines Redevelopment Co.?
• How will Principal’s newest reinvestments shape the area?
• What is the outlook on housing in the downtown?
• What are the impacts of a strengthening core on development in the wider metro area?
Polk County Assessor’s Office
& past president ICREA
President and CEO,
Downtown Community Alliance
Assistant city manager,
President and CEO,
Hubbell Realty Co.
Vice president & manager,
Commercial Real Estate,
Bankers Trust Company
Senior VP and chief marketing officer,
Principal Financial Group Inc.
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2017 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software,
All Rights Reserved