March honors and awards
Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:50 AM
- Vicki Comegys, vice president of sales and services at the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau, was named president of the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) Heartland Chapter Board.
- Iowa State University’s Roberta Johnson was appointed to the Advisory Committee on Student Financial Assistance by Sen. Tom Harkin.
- Ankeny-based Snyder & Associates Inc. earned a National Recognition Award for exemplary engineering achievement in the American Council of Engineering Companies’ 47th annual Engineering Excellence Awards for designing the High Trestle Trail, which connects Ankeny and Woodward.
- Monte Wyatt of West Des Moines won the Executive Coach of the Year Award at the ActionCOACH Americas conference.
- Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines’ Angela Dethlefs-Trettin has been approved as a member of the Community Foundations National Standards Board.
- Strategic America won a 2013 PR Nonprofit Award from PR News for its press release promoting the donation needs and mission of the central Iowa Shoes That Fit program. Strategic America’s release helped bring in 400 additional donation items and financial contributions. PR News announced the award at its 2013 Nonprofit PR Awards luncheon in Washington, D.C.
- Joe Enriquez Henry, state director of the Iowa League of United Latin American Citizens, was awarded the 2013 Louise Noun Award from the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation of Iowa . The Louise Noun Award is named after the Des Moines activist, philanthropist and former president of the ACLU of Iowa. It is given to those who have made significant contributions on behalf of civil liberties in the state.
- James Biscoglia was admitted as a fellow into the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- Gary Mattson was been admitted as a fellow into the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- INVISION Architecture Ltd. received LEED Gold Certification for its work on the University of Iowa Dental Science Building and the Waterloo Women’s Center for Change.
- Megan Hoover, project manager for Allegra Print & Imaging, earned a Gold Milestone Sales Achievement Award. The annual award is based on sales volume.
- Amy Eaton, marketing services director for Allegra Print & Imaging, earned a Silver Milestone Sales Achievement Award. The annual award is based on sales volume.
- Community Development Specialist Chris Janson is now a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners.
- Carrier Access Inc. received an inaugural Channel Partners 360° Award. To determine the winner of Channel Partners 360°, companies created a “Partner Profile" that detailed how the applicant addresses the convergence of IT and telecom services and how the company creates business value for its customers. Channel Partners magazine editors and an expert panel evaluated all Partner Profiles to determine the top 25 candidates.
- Mark Ackelson of the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation will receive the A. Arthur Davis Distinguished Community Leadership Award.
- Chris Kyhl of QCI LLC will receive the Distinguished Business Leadership Award.
- Renee Hardman of Bankers Trust Co. will receive the Distinguished GDMLI Alumni Volunteer Award.
- Megan Ruble of Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield will receive the Community Visioning Award – Developing.
- Bob Stewart of CBRE/Hubbell Commercial will receive the Community Visioning Award – Connecting.
- Tony Dickinson of Wells Fargo Bank will receive the Community Visioning Award – Inspiring.
- Tony Timm of Central Iowa Shelter and Services will receive the Community Visioning Award – Challenging.
- Kami Holmes, counsel for Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, was sworn into the U.S. Supreme Court Bar in Washington, D.C. Her admittance to the U.S. Supreme Court Bar grants Holmes permission to argue a case before the highest court of the United States.
- Drake University law students Nathan Borland and Katheryn Pearson Thorson were named national champions at the American Bar Association (ABA) Client Counseling Competition at Baylor University.
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2012 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer