2012 Forty Under 40 Winner: Holly Logan
Friday, March 16, 2012 7:00 AM
Age 35 | Senior partner, Weinhardt & Logan P.C.
Holly Logan left one of Greater Des Moines’ most storied full-service law firms last year to form a boutique practice that specializes in defending white-collar crime cases.
She started working at Belin McCormick P.C. while a law school student in 2000, and quickly rose through the ranks to partner. In 2011, she launched Weinhardt & Logan P.C. with former Belin McCormick partner Mark Weinhardt.
Though she has handled a variety of commercial and employment legal work, she prefers criminal law.
“It’s one of the processes in law that requires the most thinking on your feet, and it’s an area of the law where you make a huge difference in your client’s life,” she said. “I could never get as excited about corporation A suing corporation B as I could about whether someone was going to do life in prison.
“When you represent a criminal defendant, you get to know the person’s family – it is the biggest event in the person’s life. You get to know all aspects of the person’s life, the family, the kids, their parents. You do the absolute very best that you can for them, and you send them on their way. I’ve met so many great people in the process, and there are innocent people who are accused of a crime, more than most people realize.”
When she is not at work, life for Logan and her husband, Neal, is consumed with “all things kindergarten” at St. Augustin Catholic School, where twin daughters Adeline and Isabel are learning the marvels of language. “A double hug and kiss at the end of a long day brings joy like none other,” Logan said.
Five reasons she’s a 40:
• Co-owner of new law firm, Weinhardt & Logan P.C.
• Hispanic Outreach Legal Assistance Clinic.
• Polk County Volunteer Lawyers Project.
• Criminal Justice Act Criminal Panel.
• Blackstone Inn of Court.
Received a full-ride scholarship to play volleyball for the University of Dayton in Ohio.
Meet the 2012 Forty Under 40 Honorees
• Michael Abbott - Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
• Sondra Ashmore - IBM Corp.
• Shannon Baird - JE Dunn Construction Co.
• J. Eric Boehlert - Ahlers & Cooney P.C.
• Nataliya Boychenko - Holmes Murphy and Associates Inc.
• Becki Brommel - BrownWinick
• Catherine Cownie - BrownWinick
• Spencer Cox - Vending Services Inc.
• Scott Crawford - RDG Planning & Design
• Tony Dickinson - Wells Fargo Bank
• Shannon Duval - Mercy Foundation
• Meg Fitz - Greater Des Moines Partnership
• Tim Hayes - McLellan Marketing Group
• Christi Hegstad - MAP Professional Development Inc.
• Naura Heiman Godar - StruXture Architects LLC
• Danielle Hermann - OPN Architects Inc.
• Sara Kobilka - Science Center of Iowa
• Liz Lidgett - Kum & Go LC
• Holly Logan - Weinhardt & Logan P.C.
• Matthew Marckmann - Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
• Bryan Michael - Pioneer Hi-Bred International Inc.
• Ben Milne - Dwolla Corp.
• Suzanne Mineck - Mid-Iowa Health Foundation
• Nikki Miras Mordini - Davis Brown Law Firm
• David Nelmark - Belin McCormick P.C.
• Anthony Nguyen - Wells Fargo Bank
• Lynh Nguyen Patterson - Delta Dental of Iowa
• Matt Nuetzman - InFocus Partners
• Brad Phillips - Farm Bureau Financial Services
• Tina Potthoff - MidAmerican Energy Co.
• Erin Schneider - Censeo Solutions Inc.
• Steve SchraderBachar - Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Inc.
• Jamie Schug - Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
• Kristina Stanger - Nyemaster Goode P.C.
• Nate Stewart - Perishable Distributors of Iowa Ltd.
• Jason Stone - Davis Brown Law Firm
• Mellisa Stover - Bankers Trust Co.
• Tray Wade - Hospice of Central Iowa
• Eric Wieland - Federal Emergency Management Agency
• Geoff Wood - Silicon Prairie News
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2015 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer