2012 Forty Under 40 Winner: Scott Crawford
Friday, March 16, 2012 7:00 AM
Age 33 | Senior partner, landscape architect, RDG Planning & Design
Life for Scott Crawford is all about work and family.
His commitment to both has caught the attention of colleagues at RDG Planning & Design, where he is a senior partner and a landscape architect.
“Scott does this work out of dedication to community and family,” RDG stewardship director Pat Boddy wrote in a nominating letter.
Crawford’s work takes him all over the country, and most of the time, he is designing the kinds of projects that are dear to him and his family: city parks, recreation facilities, sports complexes.
“Family is an important thing to me,” he said. “Being scattered and spread thin on a lot of things can be a balancing act.”
Some of those things, such as a rebuild of Des Moines Water Works Park, will provide plenty space for recreational activities for Crawford, his wife, Nicole, and daughter, Campbell, 3. A second child, a boy, is due in about a month. It will be a significant event for the Crawford clan.
“He will be the first grandson in the family,” Crawford said. And now that all of the grandparents are retired, “we’re getting to spend more time with them.”
His community involvement focuses on things that bring people together – think parks here.
“I have a personal interest in trails and parks and having people come together and engage in activities and with nature,” he said. “I also focus on that in my professional career. For me, that has been the most meaningful.”
Five reasons he’s a 40:
• Serves on Clive Parks and Recreation Board, served on similar board while a resident of Waukee.
• Member of design team that won Des Moines Water Works’ parkitecture competition.
• Member of design team for Iowa State University’s Cyclone Sports Complex.
• Led the design team on the University of Florida’s women’s lacrosse stadium.
• He was an Eagle Scout.
“Everything in my life revolves around getting tasks done so I can come home and spend time with my family.”
Meet the 2012 Forty Under 40 Honorees
• Michael Abbott - Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
• Sondra Ashmore - IBM Corp.
• Shannon Baird - JE Dunn Construction Co.
• J. Eric Boehlert - Ahlers & Cooney P.C.
• Nataliya Boychenko - Holmes Murphy and Associates Inc.
• Becki Brommel - BrownWinick
• Catherine Cownie - BrownWinick
• Spencer Cox - Vending Services Inc.
• Scott Crawford - RDG Planning & Design
• Tony Dickinson - Wells Fargo Bank
• Shannon Duval - Mercy Foundation
• Meg Fitz - Greater Des Moines Partnership
• Tim Hayes - McLellan Marketing Group
• Christi Hegstad - MAP Professional Development Inc.
• Naura Heiman Godar - StruXture Architects LLC
• Danielle Hermann - OPN Architects Inc.
• Sara Kobilka - Science Center of Iowa
• Liz Lidgett - Kum & Go LC
• Holly Logan - Weinhardt & Logan P.C.
• Matthew Marckmann - Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
• Bryan Michael - Pioneer Hi-Bred International Inc.
• Ben Milne - Dwolla Corp.
• Suzanne Mineck - Mid-Iowa Health Foundation
• Nikki Miras Mordini - Davis Brown Law Firm
• David Nelmark - Belin McCormick P.C.
• Anthony Nguyen - Wells Fargo Bank
• Lynh Nguyen Patterson - Delta Dental of Iowa
• Matt Nuetzman - InFocus Partners
• Brad Phillips - Farm Bureau Financial Services
• Tina Potthoff - MidAmerican Energy Co.
• Erin Schneider - Censeo Solutions Inc.
• Steve SchraderBachar - Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Inc.
• Jamie Schug - Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
• Kristina Stanger - Nyemaster Goode P.C.
• Nate Stewart - Perishable Distributors of Iowa Ltd.
• Jason Stone - Davis Brown Law Firm
• Mellisa Stover - Bankers Trust Co.
• Tray Wade - Hospice of Central Iowa
• Eric Wieland - Federal Emergency Management Agency
• Geoff Wood - Silicon Prairie News
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2015 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer