1000 Friends of Iowa announce best development award winners
1000 Friends of Iowa, a nonprofit focused on responsible land use, announced Monday the recipients of its 2021 Best Development Awards. Eight developments received the awards for the “efficient use of resources to develop sustainable communities and provide a high quality of life,” according to a release. “Having a wide variety of spectacular work across the state is heartwarming,” program coordinator Julia McGuire said. The winners are listed below. Read more about them online.
- Best of Show: Tom and Ruth Harkin Center at Drake University, Des Moines
- Renovated Commercial: Bellevue Button Factory, Bellevue
- Innovative Leadership: Dupaco, for the Voices Building, Dubuque
- Renewable Energy – Private: Kemin Industries, Des Moines
- Renewable Energy – Civic: Clenera and CIPCO, Louisa County
- Renovated Residential: Mitchell Maskrey Mill, Maquoketa
- Transportation/Complete Streets: City of Windsor Heights, Windsor Heights
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!