• A $19.8 million permit issued by Pleasant Hill for a new 6,200-seat outdoor stadium for Southeast Polk High School (rendering at right)
. The stadium, under construction at 7755 Martha L. Miller Drive, has been designed to accommodate football, soccer, track and field, and other sports-related uses, according to a city document. A pedestrian underpass is planned under Miller Drive that will be able to be used by people walking to and from the stadium and nearby parking facilities. The nearly 53-acre parcel on which the stadium is being constructed is owned by Southeast Polk. The land had been used as a dedicated cross-country course. Modifications are planned to the course, according to a city document. RDG Planning & Design designed the stadium.
• An $18 million permit issued by Ankeny for a mixed-use, four-story structure at 3611 N.E. Otterview Circle. The building will include 184 multifamily residential units, a two-story gymnasium and office space. JCorp Inc. designed the building and is its general contractor.
• A $12.1 million permit issued by West Des Moines for a two-story, 48,534-square-foot office building at 5754 Raccoon River Drive. The building is part of a proposed $9 million development called the Oaks on Grand.
• A $9.6 million permit was issued by Ankeny for an office/warehouse at 915 S.E. Corporate Woods Drive. The building will be occupied by Echo Group Inc., which provides sales and support for wholesale electric supply markets.
• A $1.9 million permit issued by Des Moines for the remodeling of a multistory building at 334 S.W. Eighth St. into a climate-controlled self-storage facility. The 76,020-square-foot facility will be managed by CubeSmart, according to a city document.