Black & Brown Business Summit pitch competition winners announced
Business Record Staff Apr 25, 2023 | 2:58 pm
1 min read time183 wordsAll Latest News, Tech & Innovation
The West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce has announced the winners of the 2023 pitch competition held in conjunction with the third annual Athene Black & Brown Business Summit presented by Wells Fargo on April 20-21. Eight finalists pitched their businesses to a panel of judges and shared the $50,000 raised in prize money:
- Louisiana Creole Pecan Candy, first place, $20,000.
- QuikLiq, second place, $15,000.
- The Joy of Curls LLC, third place, $10,000.
- Bri’s Dance Place, finalist, $1,000.
- Coffee for a Cause, finalist, $1,000.
- Four Corners Coalition, finalist, $1,000.
- Manifest Your Purpose, finalist, $1,000.
- Kut Kings, finalist, $1,000.
“I was overwhelmed with emotions when I learned that we took home first place,” said Terrence Jones, founder and chief operating officer of Louisiana Creole Pecan Candy. “This was the first time I have won anything, and this was my first pitch competition ever. We are humbled by the support we received and are very thankful to the chamber, sponsors, contestants, participants and volunteers.”
Applications for the pitch competition came from around the country, including Iowa, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee, Louisiana and Georgia.