Catch Des Moines restructures as master plan looms
BUSINESS RECORD STAFF Sep 16, 2019 | 7:22 pm
1 min read time228 wordsAll Latest News, Economic Development
Catch Des Moines’ work on the Destination Master Plan has led to a realignment of staff positions and a restructuring.
“As we enter into the strategy development and recommendations phase of the Destination Master Plan project, we’ve been working diligently to realign staff resources to best support the future of our work in marketing Greater Des Moines to increase visitors,” said Greg Edwards, president and CEO of Catch Des Moines, the local convention and visitors bureau. “With many new projects underway and a set of ambitious goals to reach, I’m confident this new evolution of the Catch Des Moines team is well prepared to implement the plan.”
The latest roles for staff members are:
– Marissa Brown, vice president of technology & research.
– Vicki Comegys, vice president of community engagement.
– Trina Flack, vice president of sales.
– Nancy Hiemstra, vice president of special projects.
– Brock Konrad, vice president of marketing.
– Shannon Winters, vice president of finance and human resources.
– Ben Handfelt, director of creative and communications.
– Laura McNichols, director of administration.
– Mandy McWherter, communications and public relations manager.
– Kelly Smith, national sales manager.
– Justin Zerfas, senior marketing manager.
– Bailee Arnburg, housing coordinator.
– Laura Smidt, sports event coordinator.
The master plan being developed with the help of consultants Jones Lang LaSalle is expected to be complete this fall.