DART announces schedule changes to local and express routes
The Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority has announced changes to some of its local and express routes starting Sunday, June 12. Schedules for all routes can be found on the DART website. Changes will affect Local Route 16 and all express routes. According to a news release, the changes are the result of feedback DART has received from riders. The changes will maintain popular trip times and adjust schedules to run at times that align better with working hours. Trips with lower ridership on those routes were discontinued. Schedule changes will affect:
- Express Route 92 – Hickman Road.
- Express Route 93 – Northwest 86th Street.
- Express Route 94 – Westown Parkway.
- Express Route 95 – Vista Drive.
- Express Route 96 – EP True Parkway.
- Express Route 98 – Ankeny.
- Express Route 99 – Altoona.
Changes will also affect local routes:
- Local Route 16 – Douglas Avenue, which was realigned in downtown Des Moines because of construction and will not become permanent.
- Local Route 17 – Hubble Avenue/Altoona will travel from the Outlets of Des Moines to the entrance of Adventureland on select trips this summer to allow employees to travel to and from the park.
- D-Line Shuttle will continue to run on a 15-minute frequency on weekdays and Saturday as part of the service change. It currently operates from 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturdays.
- DART will add select trips on certain local routes in the morning and afternoon during the school year to transport students and staff to and from school. DART removes this service during the summer but restores it in August.
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!