EP Award Promo

Fire damages multiple Clive businesses, including Community Services inventory


A building fire in Clive Thursday morning severely damaged facility space for multiple organizations, including Clive Community Services, the city of Clive said in a statement. CCS equipment and inventory were severely damaged by smoke and water; leaders expect services to be disrupted for multiple weeks, and that much of their inventory of clothes, food and personal items will need to be replaced. CCS offers a food pantry, clothing closet, a community garden, English classes and free clinic hours to the community. The Des Moines Area Religious Council stationed its mobile pantry at 2190 82nd Street in Clive to support families served by CCS. More information on donations is available online. Preliminary information indicates the fire was started during maintenance activities by a building occupant, when a spark ignited nearby combustible material, according to the city statement.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

hy vee web 060123 300x250