Iowa Insurance Division hosting event series for child care providers
Business Record Staff Apr 13, 2023 | 3:14 pm
1 min read time179 wordsAll Latest News, Insurance & Investments, Retail & Business
To help address the state’s child care crisis, the Iowa Insurance Division is launching an initiative that aims to connect child care providers with the resources they need to run successful child care businesses. Called Care4Kids, the initiative will feature free in-person events around the state.
“There are nearly 4,000 child care providers across the state, making sure they have access to resources is key to their success,” said Insurance Commissioner Doug Ommen in a press release.
Providers who attend the event will earn three hours of Health and Human Services training credits. All events will take place from 9 a.m. to noon with breakfast included.
Dates and locations for the events are:
• April 22, the Rewind Hotel in West Des Moines.
• May 20, Bien VenU in Waterloo/Cedar Falls.
• June 24, Hoff Family Arts & Culture Center in Council Bluffs.
• July 22, Stoney Creek Hotel and Convention in Sioux City.
• Aug. 26, Marriott Hotel in Cedar Rapids.
• Sept. 23, Holiday Inn and Suites in Davenport.
More information and registration can be found at the Care4Kids website.