Iowa Stops Hunger: Hunger So Close to Home
Event Date: Thursday, July 30
Time: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Free Registration: Click here
Iowa feeds the world, yet many in our state do not know where to turn for their next meal. Join the Business Record, dsm Magazine and ia Magazine as we kick off our Iowa Stops Hunger event series presented by Hy-Vee.
In our first panel, we will explore hunger in Iowa, whom it affects, and how the pandemic has made this problem even worse. A panel of experts from hunger and food insecurity nonprofits, government agencies, and academia will outline the issue and discuss what individuals and businesses can do to help.
Among the questions we plan to tackle:
- What is hunger and food insecurity?
- Who does it affect in Iowa, and who are the newly food insecure in our state?
- What are the systemic barriers and challenges that lead to food insecurity?
- How is the pandemic affecting hunger for your workforce, children, seniors, veterans, and diverse and marginalized populations?
- How does food insecurity hurt the economic output of our state?
- What can community leaders and the business community do to help?