Members of Farm to Table Task Force announced
BPC Staff Sep 20, 2021 | 7:55 pm
1 min read time239 wordsAll Latest News, Energy & Environment, Law & Government
The names of those who will serve on a task force to identify strategies to help farmers gain access to markets and sell their products were announced today. The Farm to Table Task Force was created at the direction of the Iowa Legislature earlier this year. During the session, the Legislature directed the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach to establish a task force to help improve the farm to table supply chain. Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Mike Naig and ISU Extension and Outreach Vice President John Lawrence will co-chair the task force. Other members appointed to the task force are:
- Jan Libbey, One Step at a Time Gardens.
- Bob Howard, Country View Dairy.
- Corinne Rowe, Rowe’s Red Cows.
- Penny Brown Huber, Prairie Rivers of Iowa.
- Darrell Goering, Milo Locker.
- Steve Winders, Loffredo Fresh Produce.
- Jason Grimm, Iowa Valley RC&D, Grimm Family Farm.
- Kelly Foss, Des Moines Farmers’ Market.
- David Smigo, Cornell College Dining, Bon Appetit.
- Ellen Walsh-Rosmann, Harlan CSD Food Service, Farm Table Delivery.
- Matt Unger, Des Moines Area Religious Council.
- Aaron Lehman, Iowa Farmers Union.
The task force will prepare a report and submit its findings to the Legislature by Dec. 10. Its first meeting is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 27. It will be held in person at the ISU Research Park in Ames, 1805 Collaboration Place, and on Zoom for those wishing to participate virtually.