NOTEBOOK: Honey Creek Resort plans free concerts
PERRY BEEMAN Apr 24, 2018 | 6:43 pm
1 min read time216 wordsAll Latest News, Business Record Insider, The Insider Notebook
The Business Record Culture Desk has learned that Honey Creek Resort at Rathbun Lake will launch a six-week series of free concerts this summer. Kicking off will be the Brazilian 2wins on June 28. The Nadas are on the roster, as are country cover band the Boys and Final Mix. As luck would have it, beer and other drinks will be sold, but bring a chair or blanket if you plan to sit. Appearing on a stage with lake views beginning at 6 p.m. will be:
·June 28 – The Brazilian 2wins: The Brazilian 2wins draw influence from pop, hip-hop and funk while incorporating their signature violin and ukulele instrumentals.
· July 5 – The Boys: The Boys are a modern country cover band from southeastern Iowa, covering popular artists such as Chris Stapleton, Eric Church, John Pardi, Luke Bryan, Granger Smith and many more.
· July 12 – Decoy: Decoy is a pop/rock band with varied influences.
· July 19 – Final Mix: Final Mix plays R&B, jazz fusion, blues, hip-hop and rock ‘n’ roll, including original material.
· July 26 – The Nadas: The Nadas are an alternative, Americana, country, folk, indie, rock, songwriter group from Des Moines.
· Aug. 2 – Standing Hampton: Standing Hampton plays songs of the ’70s, ’80s and later.