NOTEBOOK: Some other things we’d like to bet on
PERRY BEEMAN Jul 31, 2019 | 4:06 pm
1 min read time238 wordsBusiness Record Insider, Culture, The Insider Notebook
State officials approved rules for sports betting, which begins at noon Aug. 15.
Given the decades of illegal betting, we expect plenty of action on the NFL, NBA, the Cyclones, the Hawkeyes and, eventually, even fantasy sports now that the bets are legal.
This got us thinking about other things we wish we could bet on. Sadly, they were left out of the bills:
- How many trains pass the Business Record office on a given day.
- The exact time of Greater Des Moines Partnership CEO Jay Byers’ next tweet.
- The number of photos that will be taken this year at Robert Indiana’s LOVE sculpture downtown. Same goes for Nomade.
- How many ingredients will be in Greater Des Moines’ secret sauce this year.
- The exact attendance at this year’s Women of Influence event.
- How many people are working at Gravitate’s new office today.
- The average speed of a downtown office worker heading to Starbucks to begin a typical workday.
- The number of minutes maestro Joseph Giunta’s arms are raised during the next Des Moines Symphony concert.
- The exact time Des Moines’ new Locust Street Bridge will open.
- The date, or perhaps year, that Business Record Publisher Chris Conetzkey will finally defeat Des Moines Area Metropolitan Planning Organization racquetball guru Gunnar Olson on the court.
- The elapsed time, in minutes, it will take to sell the next house listed South of Grand or in Waterbury. Think low.
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!