Partnership’s intern program returns with new name
The Greater Des Moines Partnership’s internship program, formerly Do More in the City, has been renamed Seize the City. The program will mix networking, community engagement and professional development. It will launch the program at an event from 5 to 7 p.m. June 1 at Brenton Skating Plaza, hosted by the Palmer Group. A five-part series of free panels and social and community awareness opportunities will follow.
Other events are:
- June 15: Networking and Business Etiquette, hosted by Bankers Trust.
- June 29: Innovation, hosted by Principal Financial Group.
- July 13: Community Engagement, hosted by Wells Fargo.
- July 27: What Makes a Leader, hosted by Nationwide.
- Aug. 3: Arts and Culture/graduation.
Interns who participate in three or more of the events will receive a “mastery of community leadership” certificate. In addition, can join a small-group breakfast or lunch with executives from the community, and can participate in a community service project as a group.