Resources for preparing for coronavirus are at your fingertips
BPC Staff Mar 5, 2020 | 5:37 pm
1 min read time186 wordsAll Latest News, Health & Wellness, Retail & Business
As coronavirus and influenza continue to make headlines, the Greater Des Moines Partnership is sharing strategies that businesses and individuals can take to protect the health of the region. Here are several resources to help ensure you and your business are ready before, during and after potential disasters strike:
– Review your emergency plans.
– Discuss plans and contingencies, including the need to work remotely, flex hours and the possibility of temporary office/store closures.
– Consider flexible policies for those who have absences due to their own illness or their family members.
– Review the Partnership’s Disaster Recovery Toolkit and share the recently published coronavirus and influenza blog with your members.
– Refer to the Preparing and Responding to Coronavirus Resource Center from the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives.
– Read Bâton Global’s “Coronavirus: 7 Critical Decisions to Be Prepared“ article to learn more.
To stay informed on the coronavirus and other illnesses, the Partnership recommends using reliable sources such as the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Iowa Department of Public Health and the Polk County Health Department.