SBA backs $15.4M in loans to Iowa businesses
The U.S. Small Business Administration backed $15.4 million in loans for Iowa businesses in July, including $4.6 million in Central Iowa for 18 businesses.
The Central Iowa businesses promised to create 105 jobs and keep 71. They now employ 60.
The Central Iowa loans were for businesses in Polk, Story, Boone, Dallas, Madison, Warren, Marion, Jasper and Marshall counties.
In July, Central Iowa businesses taking out the loans included these new businesses:
- The chiropractic office of Kyle Thrap, Carlisle, $34,000.
- Basement Replacement Experts of New Virginia, $5,000.
- Dinero Inc., a Des Moines restaurant, $830,000.
- JFE Investments LLC, a Des Moines motor vehicle parts manufacturer, $440,000.
- JJC Des Moines 1 LLC, a Des Moines restaurant, $419,000.
- H&L Food Enterprises LLC, a Des Moines restaurant, $351,000.
- Caldwell & Hartung Inc., a Des Moines general freight trucking operation, $139,000.
- SRMS Investments LLC, a Johnston fitness center, $61,000.
- Utopia Family Chiropractic PLC, Clive, $15,000.
- Wanderlust Fashion LLC, a Des Moines clothing store, $5,000.
- No Coast Brazilian Jiu Jitsu LLC, Waukee sports instruction, $15,000.
The largest loan for an existing business in Central Iowa was $1.2 million to O’Brien Group LLC, an Ankeny food supplement interest.
Statewide, the SBA backed 48 loans for $15.4 million to 24 new and 24 existing businesses that promised to create 232 jobs and keep 275.
Read the full loan list on BusinessRecord.com.