State transportation commission awards $6.2M for rail projects
Seven rail-related projects have been awarded a total of more than $6 million under the state’s Railroad Revolving Loan and Grant Program. The awards were approved this week by the Iowa Transportation Commission, and will assist projects that will help create and retain 285 jobs.
The projects that received funding are:
- Clinton Connecting Track, Wabash Cannonball LLC – $550,000 grant.
- Charles City Terminal – $900,000 loan, $240,000 grant.
- Project Peony, Sioux City – $2 million grant.
- CP Unit Train Expansion, Pattison Sand Co. – $200,000 loan, $180,000 grant.
- Ten D/Merchants Distribution Service – $1.5 million loan.
- Railroad expansion and upgrade, Boone Scenic Valley Railroad – $551,112 loan.
- Oskaloosa Industrial Park Transload Facility – $76,500 grant.
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!