Transportation commission approves $1.5 million for six transit projects
BPC Staff Sep 15, 2021 | 8:22 pm
1 min read time140 wordsAll Latest News, Economic Development, Transportation
The Iowa Transportation Commission has approved $1.5 million to support six public transit projects statewide, from Burlington to Sioux City. The commission approved the funds through the state’s Public Transit Infrastructure Grant Fund during its meeting in Ames on Tuesday. Under the program, a transit system can have up to 80% of a project funded, but they must secure 20% in local funding to qualify.
The six projects that were approved by the commission are:
- A vehicle storage facility for SEIBUS in Burlington: $400,000.
- A bus storage and administrative facility for Cedar Rapids Transit: $105,356.
- A new heating and air conditioning system at CyRide in Ames: $331,548.
- Bus storage and administrative facility updates for Corridor Rides in Washington County: $472,456.
- Office building rehabilitation at MIDAS Regional Transit in Fort Dodge: $158,640.
- Sliding door replacement for Sioux City Transit: $32,000.
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!