Women Impacting ISU calendar honorees announced
Women whose leadership has made a difference at Iowa State University will be honored by the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics on the 12th annual Women Impacting ISU calendar, the center announced on its website.
The 2018 calendar will be officially unveiled during a reception recognizing the 12 honorees on Wednesday, Jan. 10, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in the Sun Room/South Ballroom of the Memorial Union. The program will begin at 4 p.m. The reception is free and open to the public. During and after the reception, copies of the calendar will be distributed for free.
Seventy women were nominated for this year’s calendar, which is sponsored by the Catt Center and ISU’s Office of the Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion. Honorees are chosen based on their achievements in service, teaching, research, administration and various other campus activities.
This year’s honorees include:
- Rachael Barnes, senior in biological systems engineering and global resource systems
- Emily Barske, senior in journalism and mass communication
- Stacy Ko, doctoral student in counseling psychology
- Daniela Dimitrova, professor and director of graduate education, Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication
- Kayla Sander, senior lecturer of accounting
- Eulanda Sanders, professor and chair of the Department of Apparel, Events and Hospitality Management
- Judy Vance, the Joseph C. and Elizabeth A. Anderlik professor of engineering and professor of mechanical engineering
- LeQuetia Ancar, assistant director of student services and multicultural liaison officer, College of Engineering
- Sherri Angstrom, secretary III for the Faculty Senate;
- Monica Howard, director of student programs, College of Veterinary Medicine;
- Erin Pederson, licensed psychologist, Student Counseling Service
- Barbara Woods, human sciences special project manager for Extension and Outreach
See a list of all Women Impacting ISU honorees online.